- The #1 choice for feeding hollies, azaleas, camellias, evergreens, dogwoods, rhododendrons & more!
- Get more blooms with more vibrant color.
- Grow larger plants with deeper green color.
- Long lasting, slow-release feeding with our exclusive Bio-tone Microbes.
Use on all acid loving plants, trees and shrubs including:
Arborvitae & Boxwood are evergreens that do not require acid soils. We recommend Plant-tone for these.
- Feed in the Spring and late Fall at half the Spring rate.
- Blooming evergreens like azaleas and rhododendron are best fed in the spring at the first hint of bloom color.
- Berry crops should be fed twice; early spring and late spring (45-60 days apart).
- Never apply fertilizer to frozen soils.
1 lb. per inch of trunk diameter. Triple the quantity for diameters 3 inches or larger.
1 cup per foot of branch spread (The diameter of the shrub from left to right side). Double the quantity if branch spread is three feet or larger.
Preparation of new bed: Mix 10 lbs. per 100 square feet and incorporate into the top four or five inches of soil. Feed established beds 5 lbs. per 100 square feet.
Potted Plants (Containers):
New Plants: When preparing new soil for plants, mix 2 cups of Holly-tone per cubic foot of soil (1.5 tbsp. per quart.)
Established Plants: Sprinkle 1 tsp. of Holly-tone for each 3″ of pot diameter into the soil along the outer edge of the pot. Water thoroughly.
We Also Recommend
Ferry-Morse Jiffy Seed Starting Greenhouse Kit with 50 Biodegradable Peat Strip Cells
Health Outdoor Products Universal Squirrel Baffle